Our complaints procedure
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have any concerns we encourage you to raise these, in the first instance, with your file handler and/or their Manager. Many clients prefer to seek to resolve complaints informally in this way as it often results in concerns being resolved more quickly; usually by telephone within a few days.
If, however, you are unhappy with the outcome of our informal investigation or you would prefer us to investigate your complaint formally, please follow the procedure below.
How to make a formal complaint
If you have a formal complaint, please write to us with details, addressing your letter to Anita Wood, Client Care Manager, at No.1 Europa House, Conway Street, Birkenhead, CH41 4FT. We want our complaints procedure to be accessible by all, so if you are unable to detail your complaint in writing or need some assistance in doing so, please contact the Client Care Team to discuss alternative ways of communicating with us.
What happens next
- Formal complaints will be recorded in our central register within 24 hours and we will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within 2 days of us receiving it.
- Your complaint will be investigated by the Client Care Team. We will ask you to provide additional information if we feel it is necessary to help us properly investigate your complaint.
- Once we have spoken to any relevant parties, examined all relevant files and concluded our investigation, we will send you, within 21 days of acknowledging your complaint, a detailed written response which will include our suggestions for resolving your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with our response, you can ask us to review our decision. Please let us know which aspects of our response you are not satisfied with and provide any further comments or documents you would like us to consider.
- Appeals will be escalated to Mr. Anthony Wilson, Professional Support Lawyer, who will review the decision of the Client Care Manager within 14 days of receiving your request.
- Should you remain dissatisfied following our review of your complaint, we will remind you of the Legal Ombudsman’s details should you wish to contact them.
- If we have to change the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Call 0800 092 8586
Speak to one of our claims advisors about your claim.